Tuesday, November 15, 2011

October: First Apartment!

October was a REALLY busy month including but not limited to: Whitepaper report for Job 1, 4 big events for Job 2, two weeks of pet-sitting...basically, a completely overwhelming month. To top it all off, I decided to move into my own apartment! This was definitely something that I haven't done before and that I'd always wanted to try! Therefore, it qualified for my bucket list this year - good thing too because I am pretty sure anything else added to my plate would have broken my sanity.
I decided a couple of months ago that I was going to move out of my parents house and finally try and be a grown up. With both of my jobs fairly secure, I finally felt like I could take on the financial commitment of living alone.
There was quite a search process as I didn't want to live in a matchbox (had it better at my parents house, for sure!), wanted to bring my cat, and, of course, didn't want to pay too much. I have to give props to my mom, who actually found the wining apartment! Thanks for all the help and sound advice, Mom!
I signed the lease the day before my birthday and brought in my first boxes (technically moved out of the house at 23) and spent the majority of my birthday moving my remaining stuff. This is definitely going to be something I look back on as an amazing experience! Bucket Lists are awesome. What an inspiration this challenge has been to me!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on moving into your new place! Good work growing up and being all mature and stuff. Maybe someday, I'll be cool like you.

    ReplyDelete